How to Shop Safely Online
1. Always place orders from a secure connection
2. Know the merchant and their reputation
3. Avoid offers that seem “too good to be true”
4. If you are buying a Gift Card, read the Terms and Conditions
5. Don’t use an e-store that requires more info than needed.
6. Need to create a password for the site? – make it unique.
7. Is the site secure?
8. Use a Credit Card or PayPal
9. Always check the company’s shipping terms.
10. Use a reliable internet security program.
Online Shopping Websites
Best Overall: Amazon
Best for Online Bidding: eBay
Best for All Goods: Walmart
Best for Comparing Sellers:
Best for Home Goods: Overstock
Best for Clothes and Shoes: Zappos
Best for Cheap Items: Wish
Best for Designer Products: Nordstrom
Best Department Store: Macy's
Tips to save Money shopping
- Never buy full price. ...
- Know what the full price is in the first place. ...
- Shop around. ...
- Use coupon codes. ...
- Sign up for emails and rebates. ...
- Be wary of third-party sellers. ...
- Check out
online deals by search...